Tips for Boosting Social Commerce Sales
Social commerce has taken the world by storm in recent years, and it’s no surprise because, With the rise of social media platforms, businesses have found a new way to reach their audiences and boost their sales. However, with so many businesses now utilizing social commerce, it can be challenging to stand out from the crowd.
What is social commerce?
Before diving deeper into the practical aspects, let’s first get a better understanding of what exactly is social commerce. Remember that it’s more than just marketing your products and services via social media. Rather, it’s the use of social media platforms to directly buy and sell goods and services.
With the rise of social media storefronts and social checkout features, social commerce has evolved to support the entire selling process–from awareness to conversion. The current social commerce landscape now allows customers to quickly go from discovering the product to buying it without ever having to leave the platform.
Why do you need social commerce?
There’s no denying social media’s role in consumer buying behavior today. People are finding tons of purchase inspiration–from influencer recommendations to reviews from other consumers. Even a brand’s social media post can directly influence purchase decisions, with Curalate finding that 76% of consumers in the U.S. have bought something after seeing it in a brand’s social post.
Sprout Social’s social Shopping in 2022 study also found that 40% of consumers have found the perfect product from a brand’s organic post. Moreover, 98% of consumers intend to buy something through influencer commerce or social shopping this year.
This speaks volumes about the power of social commerce and the need for brands to leverage it. It’s clear from these numbers that people are using social media to discover and buy products and services. Brands need to step up their game to optimize their social media strategies so they can drive more sales.
That’s why we’ve put together some tips for boosting your social commerce sales.
- Have a strong social media presence: This means regularly posting high-quality content that resonates with your audience. Consider investing in professional photography or graphic design services to ensure that your social media profiles look polished and professional. This will help attract potential customers and make them more likely to trust your brand.
- Start selling directly on social media platforms: One of the best ways to boost your social commerce sales is to start selling directly on social media platforms. This allows your customers to purchase your products without leaving the platform. Some companies that have successfully done this include Nike, Sephora, and Hyatt. Also, be sure to make it as easy as possible for customers to purchase your products through social media. This could mean using a platform like Facebook or Instagram’s built-in shopping features, or simply including direct links to your website in your posts. The easier it is for customers to buy your products, the more likely they are to do so.
- Offer exclusive discounts or promotions to your social media followers: This can help incentivize customers to make a purchase and can also encourage them to share your products with their followers.
- Don’t be afraid to experiment with different types of content and social media platforms: For example, if you’ve primarily been using Instagram to showcase your products, consider branching out to TikTok or Pinterest to reach a new audience. By staying adaptable and open to new ideas, you’ll be better equipped to stay ahead of the competition and boost your social commerce sales.
- Partner with influencers in your industry: Partnering with influencers in your industry can help you reach a wider audience and increase your sales. Influencers have a large following on social media, and they can help promote your products to their followers. Some companies that have successfully done this include Glossier, Fashion Nova, and Gymshark.
- Use relevant and brand-specific hashtags: Using relevant and brand-specific hashtags can help you reach a larger audience on social media. Hashtags allow users to find your content more easily, and they can help increase your visibility. Some companies that have successfully used hashtags include Coca-Cola, Starbucks, and Oreo.
- Promote products in your replies: Promoting your products in your replies can help increase your sales. When customers ask questions or leave comments on your social media posts, you can respond with a link to your product. This makes it easy for customers to purchase your products without leaving the platform. Some companies that have successfully done this include Amazon, Walmart, and Target.
- Identify where your target audience hangs out online: Identifying where your target audiences hang out online can help you focus your efforts on the right social commerce channels. This allows you to reach your target audience more effectively and increase your sales. Some companies that have successfully done this include Airbnb, Uber, and Spotify.
- Use social customer service techniques: Using social customer service techniques can help you engage with your customers and increase your sales. This includes responding to customer inquiries and complaints in a timely and professional manner. Some companies that have successfully done this include Zappos, JetBlue, and Delta.
- Create a strategy to boost conversions: Creating a strategy to boost conversions can help you increase your sales. This includes using shoppable posts, offering referral programs, and holding flash sales. Some companies that have successfully done this include Glossier, Warby Parker, and Casper.
- Hold flash sales or provide updates: Holding flash sales or providing updates can help you increase your sales. Flash sales are short-term promotions that offer discounts on your products. Providing updates on your products can help keep your customers engaged and interested in your brand. Some companies that have successfully done this include Amazon, Best Buy, and Walmart.
- Offer referral program: offering referral programs can help you increase your sales. Referral programs allow your customers to share their referral codes or links with their followers, friends, and families. Then, they can get perks or a percentage of the sale when their code is used. Some companies that have successfully done this include Dropbox, Uber, and Airbnb.
The power of social commerce sales to revolutionize businesses has been something we at Salesera have had the honor of experiencing first-hand. With social media platforms becoming important centers for customer engagement and shopping decisions in recent years, the dynamic landscape of e-commerce has undergone a considerable transition. Thus, in this new era of digital commerce, companies that make use of social commerce’s potential have been able to advance and prosper.
In conclusion, social commerce is a great way to connect with your audience and generate sales. By implementing these tips, you can improve your social commerce strategy and increase your sales. It’s important to start selling directly on social media platforms, partner with influencers, use relevant hashtags, and promote your products in your replies. Additionally, identifying where your target audience hangs out online, using social customer service techniques, and creating a strategy to boost conversions can help you engage with your audience and increase sales.