Job Type: Contractual (On-Call Basis)
Location: 100% remote. WFH Only
Roles And Responsibilities:
- Establishing and guiding the website’s architecture.
- Ensuring high-performance and availability, and managing all technical aspects of the CMS.
- Helping formulate an effective, responsive design and turning it into a working theme and/or plugin.
- Build websites, prototypes and applications using the latest frontend and back-end technologies.
- Providing timely resolution to reported problems with existing websites.
- Working closely with both the design and project resources to achieve the best possible results in web projects from conception right through to delivery.
- Ensuring all work adheres to current industry best practice.
- Self-motivated, goal oriented and able to work in a team environment.
- Client-facing demeanour for Training & Support.
- Experience in supporting development, maintenance and management of sites on WordPress and other digital projects as assigned.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of building WordPress CMS websites using the best practice & de-facto standard plugins.
- Experience working with WordPress at a PHP code level.
- Knowledge of existing inbuilt WordPress functions.
- Customizing WordPress to support specific functionality.
- Creation of custom post types.
- Creation of plugins/widgets written to conform with WordPress coding standards.
- Creation of clean, logical, well documented and reusable code.
- Theme/template integration.
- Knowledge of WordPress Network (Multisite) required.
- Familiar with AWS LAMP Stack Configuration.
- Experience creating multilingual websites.
- Developing wire-frame mock-ups to illustrate possible solutions.
- Good understanding of cross-platform and cross-browser issues.
- Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications.
- Use of AJAX / Prototype / script.aculo.us an advantage.
- Experience designing and developing responsive design websites.
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
- Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers.
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wire-frames into working HTML pages.
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML).
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (such as Git, SVN, and Mercurial).
- Knowledge of different PHP frameworks, libraries, or any other technology relevant to WordPress Multisite.
- Strong understanding of PHP back-end development.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related disciplines (MIS, Web Development, etc.) preferred.